- The banal and obvious truth is that life and a country are largely what you make of them.
- No one can get excited about the most boring and banal of road stops like this guy.
- I made a long list of quite banal and boring questions that I went through and asked this man.
- Example sentences
- (All banally true, but in the context of the programme, it was a sudden outbreak of sensitivity).
- Number 3 seems banally sensible, until you read Howard's closing statement.
- Children may be the future, as the authors banally point out, but adults are the people who decide the direction.
Mid 18th century (originally relating to feudal service in the sense 'compulsory', hence 'common to all'): from French, from ban 'a proclamation or call to arms'; ultimately of Germanic origin and related to ban1.
Words that rhyme with banalAmal, Arles, Barisal, Basle, Bhopal, Carl, chorale, corral, dhal, entente cordiale, Escorial, farl, femme fatale, Funchal, gayal, gnarl, halal, Karl, kraal, locale, marl, morale, musicale, Pascal, pastorale, procès-verbal, Provençal, rationale, real, rial, riyal, snarl, Taal, Taj Mahal, timbale, toile, Vaal, Vidal, Waal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.