So lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring: songs with banal, repeated words
More example sentences
- The banal and obvious truth is that life and a country are largely what you make of them.
- No one can get excited about the most boring and banal of road stops like this guy.
- I made a long list of quite banal and boring questions that I went through and asked this man.
trite, hackneyed, clichéd, platitudinous, vapid, commonplace, ordinary, common, stock, conventional, stereotyped, predictable, overused, overdone, overworked, stale, worn out, time-worn, tired, threadbare, hoary, hack, unimaginative, unoriginal, derivative, uninspired, prosaic, dull, boring, pedestrian, run-of-the-mill, routine, humdrum
- More example sentences
- (All banally true, but in the context of the programme, it was a sudden outbreak of sensitivity).
- Number 3 seems banally sensible, until you read Howard's closing statement.
- Children may be the future, as the authors banally point out, but adults are the people who decide the direction.