nounNorth American • informal
- A region with a comparatively warm climate.More example sentences
- Alaskans, with what passes for humour, call this relatively temperate south-eastern corner of their state ‘the banana belt’.
- It also thrives in the banana belts of the inland valleys if they are well enough protected.
- But it's an unusual pocket of warmth, resulting from marine effects and a coastline that curves inland, that has helped to earn this area a reputation as the banana belt of Oregon.
More definitions of banana beltDefinition of banana belt in:
- The US English dictionary