- A small state that is politically unstable as a result of the domination of its economy by a single export controlled by foreign capital.More example sentences
- Tropico (Gathering of Developers), in which the player strives to maintain control over a banana republic, tracks the daily lives and emotions of hundreds of unique citizens.
- Then nobody will speak about our country as a banana republic.
- For those of you too young to remember that miserable decade, it was a time when serious minded people thought the UK was doomed to become a banana republic - without the bananas.
More definitions of banana republicDefinition of banana republic in:
- The US English dictionary