- 1Not operating on an elevated level; mundane: serious discussion of scientific problems was regarded as banausicMore example sentences
- Harry has recently shut down the comments boxes on his post (as has a certain banausic, irrelevant gnat), and one sees why.
- But Hari does an excellent job of ripping the banausic frontmen for archaic prejudice to shreds.
- Of course, the banausic Belichick - at his glibbest - counters: ‘Yeah, everyone complains about my fashion.’
mid 19th century: from Greek banausikos 'of or for artisans'.
More definitions of banausicDefinition of banausic in:
- The US English dictionary