1A circular cardboard box for carrying hats.
- On top are two charming bandboxes, the utilitarian product of New Hampshire mill towns, about 1830.
- Wallpapers decorated more than walls in earlier times, so examples in the collection were found lining trunks, covering pamphlets and bandboxes, and decorating fireboards.
- The Shakers are renowned for the simplicity and clarity of line in all their tools, from bandboxes to chairs to harvesting blades.
1.1 dated Used in comparisons to convey the smartness and neatness of someone’s appearance: I’d go out looking fresh out of a bandbox
More example sentences
- After flowering they can be lifted and replaced with summer bedding, but to keep the bandbox appearance stick to flowers of one colour.
- Bertram looks like he stepped out of the proverbial bandbox, with a tuxedo that fits his athletic frame perfectly, and a silk shirt that shows off his brown-black eyes and deep, dimpled smile.
Words that rhyme with bandboxsandbox
Definition of bandbox in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.