- 1A circular cardboard box for carrying hats.More example sentences
- On top are two charming bandboxes, the utilitarian product of New Hampshire mill towns, about 1830.
- Wallpapers decorated more than walls in earlier times, so examples in the collection were found lining trunks, covering pamphlets and bandboxes, and decorating fireboards.
- The Shakers are renowned for the simplicity and clarity of line in all their tools, from bandboxes to chairs to harvesting blades.
- 1.1 • dated Used in comparisons to convey the smartness and neatness of someone’s appearance: I’d go out looking fresh out of a bandboxMore example sentences
- After flowering they can be lifted and replaced with summer bedding, but to keep the bandbox appearance stick to flowers of one colour.
- Bertram looks like he stepped out of the proverbial bandbox, with a tuxedo that fits his athletic frame perfectly, and a silk shirt that shows off his brown-black eyes and deep, dimpled smile.
More definitions of bandboxDefinition of bandbox in:
- The US English dictionary