- A decorated dart thrust into a bull’s neck or shoulders during a bullfight.More example sentences
- With the brightly coloured banderillas (barbed darts) he approaches the bull excellently and positions them carefully on the neck, bringing the crowd to its feet with applause.
- The banderillero, carrying a banderilla in each hand, runs towards the charging bull at an angle and places the banderillas in its neck.
- Their job is to insert two banderillas (decorated wooden sticks with spiked ends) over the horns into the bull's neck muscle.
Spanish, diminutive of bandera 'banner'.
More definitions of banderillaDefinition of banderilla in:
- The US English dictionary