An Asian rat that is a destructive pest in many places.
- Genera Bandicota and Nesokia, family Muridae: four species, in particular the large B. indica
More example sentences
- The pelage of the bandicoot rat varies from coarse, short, harsh, and semispinous to long, fine and silky.
- The bandicoot rat has a short head, broad muzzle, and a scaly, almost hairless tail.
- In this isolated oasis, unique species evolved: the smooth-covered otter, bandicoot rat, the thrasher-like Iraqi babbler and the buni fish are found nowhere else.
Definition of bandicoot rat in:
- The US English dictionary