- A type of square concertina, especially popular in Argentina.More example sentences
- Chromatic versions of both the Chemnitz concertina and the bandoneon have been made.
- Last Round is for double string quartet and double bass, written in memory of Piazzolla, and conceived as an idealized version of his keyless accordion, the bandoneon.
- As Piazzolla was the master of the bandoneon (a relative of the accordion), Ravi Shankar is the master of the sitar.
via Spanish from German Bandonion, named after Heinrich Band, the 19th-century German musician who invented it, + -on- (as in Harmonika 'harmonica') + -ion (as in Akkordion 'accordion').
More definitions of bandoneonDefinition of bandoneon in:
- The US English dictionary