- A covered outdoor platform for a band to play on, typically in a park.More example sentences
- I also remember this great soul band that used to play in a bandstand in the park on our holidays at Butlins at nearby Ayr.
- The collection includes views of City Square, well-kept parks and pristine bandstands, the Civic Hall, Boar Lane, and photographs from inside the infirmary.
- The bandstands in Cubbon Park and Lalbagh were built during the British regime and at that time, Western bands used to entertain people on Sunday evenings.
More definitions of bandstandDefinition of bandstand in:
- The US English dictionary