A common reddish-brown Eurasian vole that lives in woodland and scrub.
- Clethrionomys glareolus, family Muridae
More example sentences
- The estimate for vole abundance is expressed as the number of voles per 100 trap nights and combines field and bank vole numbers.
- Another trap held a very jumpy bank vole, which was also weighed before it was returned, unharmed, to the undergrowth.
- The Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said the chipmunks are quite harmless to humans, but could muscle out wood mice and bank voles in the fight for seeds, nuts and berries.
Definition of bank vole in:
- The US English dictionary