- 1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between flyweight and featherweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 51 to 54 kg.More example sentences
- So the Europeans tend to dominate the categories other than flyweight, featherweight and bantamweight.
- The provisional squad has light-flyweight Gabriel Kabwe, bantamweight Lovemore Tembo and featherweights Otis Bwalya, Jonathan Mwila, Victor Kaonga, Tendai Shumba and Abias Silupumbwe.
- But Ncita laughed off the Tanzanian's assertion saying his charge was the best fighter from the junior bantamweight to the junior featherweight divisions.
- 1.1 [count noun] A bantamweight boxer or other competitor.More example sentences
- After the Games he turned pro and was later ranked eighth amongst the world's best bantamweights.
- He said the tournament had also attracted female pugilists, adding that the Copperbelt would contribute bantamweights Charity Mobola, Sally Mwape and Ireen Mwanagoma.
- With only six competitors in the class, the bantamweights were the smallest group any way you look at it.
More definitions of bantamweightDefinition of bantamweight in:
- The US English dictionary