(also chiefly North American bar graph)
- A diagram in which the numerical values of variables are represented by the height or length of lines or rectangles of equal width: the bar chart shows sales on the left and cost of sales on the rightMore example sentences
- The Importance Value Chart is a bar graph with each bar representing a specific system, subsystem, or component's contribution to the overall probability of an undesirable event.
- The rates of transmission of the dominant markers from one generation to the next are illustrated in the bar graph and shown numerically below.
- Each bar graph represents the average from three independent cultures; error bars indicate the standard deviation.
More definitions of bar chartDefinition of bar chart in:
- The US English dictionary