- A fine woollen cloth, sometimes mixed with silk or cotton, used chiefly for coats and suits.More example sentences
- In the British army, khaki uniforms exist in a variety of shades and cloth, pale khaki drill for wear in hot climates and dark khaki barathea for the service dress of Guards officers being two examples.
- In black barathea wool and silver tones Celtic buttons, this jacket can be worn with a long neck tie, but can also be dressed up with a tux shirt and bow tie.
- For officers, the cap is made from high quality barathea wool.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of baratheaDefinition of barathea in:
- The US English dictionary