Definition of barehanded in English:
1With nothing in or covering one’s hands.
- That to me was a great moment, because you don't catch too many baseballs barehanded.
- As for the other ‘most popular’ search phrases, ‘noodling’ refers to a post I did on the insane sport of barehanded fishing.
- According to Anthony, Senior Sous Chef at the Oberoi hotel, the only way to enjoy this kind of food is to cast etiquette reservations to the wind and dig right in, preferably barehanded.
1.1Carrying no weapons.
- Beowulf meets Grendel, and a battle ensues - Beowulf uses no weapon against Grendel, and fighting barehanded, rips off his arm.
- His father was stabbed in the chest, and his mother then endured the longest and bloodiest struggle as she bravely put up a barehanded fight against her attacker.
- Nonetheless, from the way they talk, you would think that they spent their days storming enemy bunkers barehanded.
Definition of barehanded in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan