(British also bargaining counter)
- A potential concession or other factor which can be used to advantage in negotiations.More example sentences
- The territory could be used as bargaining chips in any negotiations.
- However, rather than engage in hasty strike action SIPTU is expected to use the threat of disruption as a bargaining chip in forthcoming restructuring negotiations.
- But a decision to sell off its shopping centre interest would be a major surprise as it gives the council a huge bargaining chip in negotiations over town-centre regeneration.
More definitions of bargaining chipDefinition of bargaining chip in:
- The US English dictionary