noun[mass noun] British
- A drink made from water and a boiled barley mixture, usually flavoured with orange or lemon.More example sentences
- He normally drinks barley water or fresh orange juice anyway.
- They must hate the way that the players drink orange barley water.
- Barley sugar is a sweet which was originally prepared from flavoured barley water made into a syrup with sugar and boiled to the verge of caramelization.
More definitions of barley waterDefinition of barley water in:
- The US English dictionary