1British A woman serving behind the bar of a pub or hotel.
- One young lass is desperate to make it as a singer, but finds that she's having more success slinging the drinks as a barmaid.
- As everyone always notices, the back view reflected in the mirror of the barmaid serving a client in a top hat (who must, by visual implication, be you) is too far to the right to be optically possible.
- We supply the waitresses, barmaids, security and anything else someone requires to make their night complete.
2North American A waitress who serves drinks in a bar.
- In the lobby of the Tel Aviv Opera House, tall barmaids in red sequins served wine in plastic goblets with labels declaring the sponsorship of the Bezeq telephone company.
- Forget about those tales of huge tubs filled with ice cold beer served by doe-eyed barmaids just quivering to hear your band.
- The barmaid spilled his drink all over him and then… nothing.
Definition of barmaid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.