- (Of a performance or performer) flamboyantly energetic and successful: his barnstorming oratory has been sorely missedMore example sentences
- Mrs Catling, a married mother-of-two, was ‘fast-tracked’ into the Labour-held seat last year after a barnstorming performance in the last General Election, when she cut the majority by half.
- It wasn't quite the barnstorming performance of previous eras.
- Clapton has covered the Johnson songbook throughout his career, most famously in ‘Crossroads’, his barnstorming showstopper when he was in Cream more than 30 years ago.
More definitions of barnstormingDefinition of barnstorming in:
- The US English dictionary