nounchiefly North American
- The area of open ground around a barn; a farmyard: [as modifier]: a barnyard fowlMore example sentences
- Run-off from barnyards, cropland, feedlots, septic tanks, and intensively managed turf areas such as golf courses can introduce large quantities of organic matter and nutrients into a pond.
- Farmers emptied their barnyards and built factory-size sheds in the rolling hills.
- Proper grading and tiling can reduce wet barnyards.
More definitions of barnyardDefinition of barnyard in:
- The US English dictionary