- 1The wife or widow of a baron. Baroness is not used as a form of address, baronesses usually being referred to as ‘Lady’.More example sentences
- We're all expected to be there, and all the nobles will be there - lords, ladies, counts, viscounts, dukes, duchesses, barons, baronesses, and marquises; all of them.
- But as long as I was still a baroness and he a baron, we would have to convince everyone around us that life was perfect.
- The previous baron and baroness retired, and so a new baron and baroness were created by the king.
- 1.1A woman holding the rank of baron either as a life peerage or as a hereditary rank.More example sentences
- ‘Good luck tonight, baroness, I pray you find a worthy man tonight,’ cheered Genevieve as she looked over her masterpiece.
- He had four major relationships, a German baroness, a Spanish aristocrat, an American heiress and, of course, the gorgeous Norwegian model Eva Sannum.
- Her mother was a Viennese baroness, a descendant of Leopold Baron von Sacher-Masoch, author of the masochistic classic Venus in Furs.
More definitions of baronessDefinition of baroness in:
- The US English dictionary