- 1Relating to a baron or barons: a great baronial familyMore example sentences
- Most of our evidence concerning the heraldry of twelfth-century baronial families comes from surviving seals.
- His son joined the rebels, and this seems to have been the solution adopted by many baronial families.
- He did not rebel when John took his castles; he gave up his two sons as hostages; he supported John against the Papal Interdict; and he supported John in the baronial rebellion.
- 2In the turreted style characteristic of Scottish country houses: the stations were built in the distinctive Scottish baronial styleMore example sentences
- We stayed at Castle Venlaw Hotel, an 18th Century country castle in the Scottish baronial style, which wouldn't look out of place in northern France.
- The Scottish baronial architectural style of the nineteenth century was an attempt to create myths and legends from nothing.
- ‘This dear paradise’, as she called it, is a white granite mansion in Scots baronial style, and embodies modifications suggested by Prince Albert.
More definitions of baronialDefinition of baronial in:
- The US English dictionary