- A slender-bodied predatory fish with a long head, found in open oceans.
More example sentences
- Family Paralepididae: numerous species, including Paralepis atlantica
- I see many siphonophores, chaetognaths, even barracudinas, a tomopterid worm zigzags right in front of my eyes.
- Some of the most common fishes in the mesopelagic are the barracudinas, small species that have converged on a body plan strikingly similar to the morphology of the great barracuda.
- The Ribbon Barracudina has a long, slender body.
from American Spanish, diminutive of barracuda (see barracuda), which it resembles.