1A horizontal bar at waist level on which ballet dancers rest a hand for support during certain exercises.
- It also highlights a line of specialty items, such as ballet/stretching barres.
- I only see barres and mirrors otherwise the ballet class looks rather bare…
- ‘We can add a staff person, we get a faculty/company lounge, a 60’ x 40’ rehearsal space, three studios with sprung wood floors, new mirrors and barres, and space for on-site set, props, and costume storage.’
2 [as modifier] Denoting a chord played using the barré method.
- Rather than the standard barrage of bass and major barre chords, The Banshees offered a sound that was expansive and broad, yet no less claustrophobic and tense than any of their peers.
- The strings are far easier to push down, and I can now play barre chords at roughly the same speed as standard ones - I need to reposition my hand far less than before.
- Without them, the current crop of people claiming that rock is dead would probably still be trying to master barre chords.
Words that rhyme with barreaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
Definition of barre in:
A method of playing a chord on the guitar or a similar instrument in which one finger is laid across all the strings at a particular fret.
- In this lesson, learn the basics of playing barre chords.
- Barre chords are some of the mostly commonly used chords in music today.
- Here are the guitar chord charts for the basic guitar bar chords.
Late 19th century: French, literally 'barred', past participle of barrer.
Definition of barre in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.