- A type of defect in optical or electronic images in which vertical or horizontal straight lines appear as convex curves.More example sentences
- Focusing the scopes on the distant brick wall with its very distinct vertical and horizontal lines, we checked for pincushion distortion (lines bowing in) and barrel distortion (lines bowing out).
- We detected no spherical aberration, astigmatism, barrel distortion, or rolling distortion during testing.
- No barrel distortion and no rolling distortion was present, however, I did note some pin cushion distortion.
More definitions of barrel distortionDefinition of barrel distortion in:
- The US English dictionary