noun (plural same or barrelfishes)
- A fish which lives in the deep waters of the Atlantic when adult, and on the surface, typically among flotsam, when young.
More example sentences
- Schedophilus medusophagus and Hyperoglyphe perciforma, family Centrolophidae
- ‘What I thought was cool was when a barrelfish came barreling into the sub,’ says Sutton.
- We hope our observations during this cruise will help us understand the life history of the barrelfish.
- The caudal fin of the barrelfish is only slightly emarginate instead of deeply forked and its caudal peduncle moderately stout and without keels instead of very slender.