- An Old World plant with cup-shaped spurred flowers, cultivated for its colourful foliage. It was formerly thought to cause infertility.
More example sentences
- Genus Epimedium, family Berberidaceae
- Leaves of some barrenworts may also emerge red or burgundy in the spring, then turn yellow or red in the fall.
- Bicolor barrenwort is one of the earliest to bloom.
- You don't mention if your walkway is in the sun or shade, so here are some varieties for each: I like all of the barrenworts for edging in shade, but Epimedium youngianum stays somewhat smaller than the rest.