- A wine barrel, especially a small one made of new oak in which Bordeaux and other wines are aged.More example sentences
- Large, clean old oak barrels yield little or no oaky flavour, while small, cedary 225-litre Bordeaux barriques produce the most.
- It was aged for 22 months in barriques of various French oaks.
- It is 100 per cent Barbera, and aged in new French barriques rather than the more traditional larger barrels.
late 18th century: French.
More definitions of barriqueDefinition of barrique in:
- The US English dictionary