- Divided into typically four, six, or eight equal horizontal bars of alternating tinctures: barry of six, argent and azureMore example sentences
- More rarely, a barry field can be of two colours or two metals.
- The barry field and ermine lion are from the heraldry of the Cecils, and Hatfield has been the seat of this branch of the family ever since.
- In English heraldry, we find examples of a lion passant on the upper trait of a barry field.
late 15th century: from French barré 'barred, striped', past participle of barrer.
More definitions of barryDefinition of barry in:
- The US English dictionary