A herbaceous plant of the figwort family, some kinds being partly parasitic on the roots of other plants, especially grasses.
- Bartsia and related genera, family Scrophulariaceae: several species
More example sentences
- Cultivation in combination with growing a competitive crop will limit red bartsia infestations.
- The flora of these habitat mosaics is outstandingly species-rich and includes many rare northern species, such as alpine bartsia Bartsia alpina and bird's eye primrose Primula farinosa.
- P. latifolia (red bartsia, common bartsia) grows to 20 cm and is often reddish, with deeply toothed leaves.
modern Latin, named after Johann Bartsch (1709–38), Prussian botanist.
Definition of bartsia in:
- The US English dictionary