- A herbaceous plant of the figwort family, some kinds being partly parasitic on the roots of other plants, especially grasses.
More example sentences
- Bartsia and related genera, family Scrophulariaceae: several species
- Cultivation in combination with growing a competitive crop will limit red bartsia infestations.
- The flora of these habitat mosaics is outstandingly species-rich and includes many rare northern species, such as alpine bartsia Bartsia alpina and bird's eye primrose Primula farinosa.
- P. latifolia (red bartsia, common bartsia) grows to 20 cm and is often reddish, with deeply toothed leaves.
modern Latin, named after Johann Bartsch (1709–38), Prussian botanist.
More definitions of bartsiaDefinition of bartsia in:
- The US English dictionary