- An Asian bird of the babbler family, with barred feathers on the wings and tail.
More example sentences
- Genus Actinodura, family Timaliidae: several species
- Like Darwin's famous Galapagos finches, the barwings and babblers of the Himalayas display adaptive radiation.
- From behind these arboreal flowers a tiny Taiwan barwing hops out onto a branch, unaware that a telephoto lens has zoomed in on him full frame.
- Here we will look for the mountain hawk and black eagle, khalij pheasants, black-throated parrotbills, barwings, shrike-babblers, yuhinas, shortwings, redstarts etc.