- another term for low relief (see relief ( sense 4)).More example sentences
- Inside the temples, however, bas-relief was employed, since it does not produce such contrasts and creates a serene effect in the semi-dark.
- His works are wall pieces that look like drawings rendered in bas-relief.
- Basso relievo, low relief or bas-relief, is used when the scale of projection is very much less than that of the other dimensions and there is no undercutting at all.
early 17th century (as basse relieve): from Italian basso-rilievo 'low relief', later altered to the French form.
More definitions of bas-reliefDefinition of bas-relief in:
- The US English dictionary