- A group of structures linked to the thalamus in the base of the brain and involved in coordination of movement.More example sentences
- No beta-APP-positive axons were detected in sections of frontal lobe, basal ganglia, cerebellum, pons, and spinal cord from 4 randomly selected, aged-matched control cases.
- In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.
- Superimposed on this reflex arc, are suprasegmental modifying influences from the brain stem, cerebellum, basal ganglia, and cerebral cortex.
More definitions of basal gangliaDefinition of basal ganglia in:
- The US English dictionary