noun (plural basenjis)
- A smallish hunting dog of a central African breed, which growls and yelps but does not bark.More example sentences
- Landreth had been involved for years with basenjis, the barkless breed that originated in Africa, and was an active supporter of their rescue efforts.
- There was a cocker spaniel, a Labrador, a Dalmatian, a Jack Russell, a husky, a golden retriever, a beagle, a poodle, three kinds of setters, a basset hound, a Great Dane, several different terriers, a basenji, a St. Bernard, and a mutt.
- As Paul studies for his Series 7 exam, Kimberly massages the gums of a basenji, and a former tech writer whips something other than hyperbolic verbiage into submission, I find myself feeling strangely hopeful.
1930s: a local word.
More definitions of basenjiDefinition of basenji in:
- The US English dictionary