- (In Jewish use) a person’s soulmate, especially when considered as an ideal or predestined marriage partner: come and find your bashert at our Jewish singles events! she hasn’t met her bashert yetMore example sentences
- Jack is, Emilia believes, her bashert - a Yiddish term, that means, essentially, her ‘intended’.
- It's basically about xx couples or people (now on their own) who found their bashert before/during the war, and managed to find them again later.
- I felt a sense of obligation, like maybe I'm denying my bashert.
Yiddish, 'fate, destiny'.
More definitions of bashertDefinition of bashert in:
- The US English dictionary