Definition of bashment in English:
1West Indian A large party or dance.
- Lord, reggae music is blasted at all hours of night at their ‘bashments’, disturbing all the other residents.
- Tomorrow is my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary (yup, fiftieth, isn't that great?) so they are having a big bashment to celebrate it.
- This will be the food on offer at the little bashment (get-together, I won't call it a party) that my classmates informed me will be taking place at my home.
2An uptempo style of popular music derived from dancehall and ragga.
- Reggaeton is the Latin bashment / dancehall hybrid that's been tearing down South and Central America, Puerto Rico, Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Miami and Los Angeles since the mid 90s.
- It's hip hop, grime, soul, ragga, bashment, and pop - in the real sense of the word: popular.
- I can entertain a crowd regardless if it's R & B, hip hop, bashment.