Definition of bashment in English:
1West Indian A large party or dance.
- Lord, reggae music is blasted at all hours of night at their ‘bashments’, disturbing all the other residents.
- Tomorrow is my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary (yup, fiftieth, isn't that great?) so they are having a big bashment to celebrate it.
- This will be the food on offer at the little bashment (get-together, I won't call it a party) that my classmates informed me will be taking place at my home.
2An uptempo style of popular music derived from dancehall and ragga.
- Reggaeton is the Latin bashment / dancehall hybrid that's been tearing down South and Central America, Puerto Rico, Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Miami and Los Angeles since the mid 90s.
- It's hip hop, grime, soul, ragga, bashment, and pop - in the real sense of the word: popular.
- I can entertain a crowd regardless if it's R & B, hip hop, bashment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan