A large marine cetacean of the Eocene epoch, having rudimentary fore and hind limbs.
- Genus Basilosaurus, suborder Archaeoceti, order Cetacea
More example sentences
- Although Basilosaurus possessed a fluke and peduncle, Buchholtz dismisses these features because they are too short relative to body length.
- One of these was pictured in the exhibition - the Basilosaurus.
- In Basilosaurus, nearly all of these structures lay within the body wall, and most parts were immobile.
Definition of basilosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary