Definition of basketmaker in English:
A person who makes baskets.
- The Irish Basketeers Association was selected to collect video footage of old basket-making techniques and also to gather some of today's working basket-makers and video their techniques before these skills disappear.
- His father was a basket-maker, while his mother's family were brewers.
- Born a slave, whose own father could well have been from Africa, he worked as a farmer, blacksmith, and basket-maker.
- Example sentences
- She became fascinated by basket-making 16 years ago, when she saw her sister-in-law making a baby's cradle.
- The exhibition at the Museum of Country Life offers the visitor the opportunity to view the modern developments of the ancient handcraft of basket-making in the context of the Museum's traditional basket collection.
- She occasionally invited traditional experts to demonstrate basket-making, pottery, and weaving and insisted that her students be aware of the aesthetic value of local artifacts.
Definition of basketmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan