A person who makes baskets.
More example sentences
- The Irish Basketeers Association was selected to collect video footage of old basket-making techniques and also to gather some of today's working basket-makers and video their techniques before these skills disappear.
- His father was a basket-maker, while his mother's family were brewers.
- Born a slave, whose own father could well have been from Africa, he worked as a farmer, blacksmith, and basket-maker.
- More example sentences
- She became fascinated by basket-making 16 years ago, when she saw her sister-in-law making a baby's cradle.
- The exhibition at the Museum of Country Life offers the visitor the opportunity to view the modern developments of the ancient handcraft of basket-making in the context of the Museum's traditional basket collection.
- She occasionally invited traditional experts to demonstrate basket-making, pottery, and weaving and insisted that her students be aware of the aesthetic value of local artifacts.
Definition of basketmaker in:
- The US English dictionary