(also basmati rice)
- A kind of long-grain Indian rice with a delicate fragrance.More example sentences
- Enjoy the rice, be it basmati, jasmine or arborio.
- To go with that there was steamed brown basmati rice, which is more interesting than steamed white basmati rice.
- To go with the exotic fare were brinji rice, vegetable noodles, Mexican rice, steamed basmati rice, curd rice, pappads and pickles.
from Hindi bāsmatī, literally 'fragrant'.
More definitions of basmatiDefinition of basmati in:
- The US English dictionary