noun (plural bassos or bassi /-si/)
- A bass voice or vocal part.More example sentences
- The Canadian pianist was a law unto himself, singing as he played in a grumbling basso.
- He was a stern, vindictive man with piercing dark eyes and a booming basso voice which always made her shudder.
- ‘Give me the phone, give me the phone,’ he insisted in his jowly basso.
early 18th century: Italian, 'low', from Latin bassus 'short, low'.
More definitions of bassoDefinition of basso in:
- The US English dictionary