noun (plural basso-relievos)
- another term for low relief (see relief ( sense 4)).More example sentences
- The top of the bluestone doorframe is a vast transversal stone upon which the building's name is engraved, along with other fancy basso-relievo serving as decoration.
- It particularly affected me when I saw the destruction made to get down the basso-relievos on the walls of the frieze.
- There is a big granite basso-relievo in the frontispiece of the memorial which is 41.8 metres long, 5.4 metres high.
mid 17th century: from Italian basso-rilievo.
More definitions of basso-relievoDefinition of basso-relievo in:
- The US English dictionary