- 1A religious initiation ceremony for a Jewish girl aged twelve years and one day, regarded as the age of religious maturity.More example sentences
- The Jewish ceremony of bat mitzvah marks the passage of a young girl into adulthood after a period of prescribed religious instruction.
- Bar and bat mitzvahs are typically celebrated with a festive meal, with the family and friends of the bar mitzvah boy or bat mitzvah girl on hand to celebrate their entrance into adulthood.
- For my bat mitzvah, I am expected to do a mitzvah project.
- 1.1A girl undergoing the bat mitzvah ceremony.More example sentences
- The subject came up by the bat mitzvah, herself, so no one could change the subject.
- This year, our two oldest children, ages 13 and 12, became bar and bat mitzvah.
- No, the child becomes bar or bat mitzvah, literally one who is of the obligations.
from Hebrew baṯ miṣwāh 'daughter of commandment', suggested by bar mitzvah.
More definitions of bat mitzvahDefinition of bat mitzvah in:
- The US English dictionary