- (In the southern Caribbean) sweet potato.More example sentences
- Confusingly, the Spanish for the sweet potato is batata and the Italian patata.
- A six-ounce bag of Terra Chips - taro, cassava, sweet potato, batata, and parsnip - cost this writer $4.79 at a New York-area supermarket - or about 8?
- Magret duck breast came medium-rare and was dressed with a perfumed infusion of thyme, a delicate combination brought back to earth by a side of mashed batata, the white sweet potato of Patagonia.
via Spanish from Taino.
More definitions of batataDefinition of batata in:
- The US English dictionary