Definition of bather in English:
1British A person swimming or spending time in the water.
- True, they had no shower gel at the time and the heat treatments softened the grit and grim for removal while the cold waters revived the weary bather.
- A main function of the person appointed to the new job will be to keep swimmers and bathers from entering the water.
- Perhaps the most famous brines in the world are those found in the Dead Sea in Israel, an inland lake which is so salty that bathers float in its waters.
2 (bathers) Australian informal A swimming costume.
- Now of course when it comes to pulling on our togs, cozzies, bathers or trunks and swimming competitively, Australians never seem to be too far from the medals.
- ‘I'll come with you,’ she said, grabbing her own wallet and slipping a navy sarong over her powder blue bathers.
- She pulls on her own white shirt that is hiding her old, blue bathers.
Words that rhyme with bathersunbather
Definition of bather in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan