- 1British A person swimming or spending time in the water.More example sentences
- True, they had no shower gel at the time and the heat treatments softened the grit and grim for removal while the cold waters revived the weary bather.
- A main function of the person appointed to the new job will be to keep swimmers and bathers from entering the water.
- Perhaps the most famous brines in the world are those found in the Dead Sea in Israel, an inland lake which is so salty that bathers float in its waters.
- 2 (bathers) Australian • informal A swimming costume.More example sentences
- Now of course when it comes to pulling on our togs, cozzies, bathers or trunks and swimming competitively, Australians never seem to be too far from the medals.
- ‘I'll come with you,’ she said, grabbing her own wallet and slipping a navy sarong over her powder blue bathers.
- She pulls on her own white shirt that is hiding her old, blue bathers.
More definitions of batherDefinition of bather in:
- The US English dictionary