- Relating to the zone of the sea between the continental shelf and the abyssal zone.More example sentences
- In contrast, the many shale layers seem to be poor in macrofossils largely because they were deposited at depth below the photic zone (upper bathyal depth) as indicated by benthic foraminifera.
- Wherever the Valle Group is exposed, it has been interpreted as a clastic, marine, sedimentary sequence that includes turbidite, submarine-fan complexes deposited in water depths ranging from outer neritic to bathyal.
- After a short erosion interval, rapid subsidence started to produce contemporaneous neritic limestone and shallow bathyal marl again.
More definitions of bathyalDefinition of bathyal in:
- The US English dictionary