- A manned spherical chamber for deep-sea observation, lowered by cable from a ship.More example sentences
- The biggest difference between a bathysphere and a bathyscaphe is that the bathysphere is heavier than water and the bathyscaphe is lighter.
- Spiders were diving under water in air-filled diving bells long before man invented the submarine or the bathysphere.
- Fish biologists descend in bathyspheres and submarines to the deepest oceanic canyon, and trawlers scrape up odd saltwater nematodes and mollusks from the bottom sediments.
More definitions of bathysphereDefinition of bathysphere in:
- The US English dictionary