- A fine, light linen or cotton fabric resembling cambric: [as modifier]: batiste handkerchiefsMore example sentences
- Rolled-hem feet are designed for fine to mediumweight fabrics such as cotton batiste, broadcloth and handkerchief linen.
- It's used to create decorative openwork stitching on tightly woven fabrics such as linen and fine batiste.
- The favourite of clothing designers is cotton batiste or silk organza.
early 19th century: from French (earlier batiche); probably related to battre 'to beat'.
More definitions of batisteDefinition of batiste in:
- The US English dictionary