adjective[predic.] • informal , • dated
- (Of a person) mad.More example sentences
- I know she's good at getting press (partially because she's really good at marketing her fair-weather femininity), but it's obvious that she's bats.
- We realize in short order that she's bats, and that simple observation steals a great deal of power from the proceedings.
- I have in fact stated a number or times that I think he's bats.
early 20th century: from the phrase have bats in the belfry (see bat2).
More definitions of batsDefinition of bats in:
- The US English dictionary