Definition of batt in English:
1A piece of felted material used for lining or insulating items such as quilts and sleeping bags.
- ‘She'd get a lot more out of that cape if she had some batts in there to stiffen out the edges,’ said another one.
- Care must be taken in removing the water so that the batt isn't stretched or torn.
- No batt insulation would be required in this case.
1.1A piece of fibreglass used to insulate buildings.
- Is asbestos sheeting ‘like’ fibreglass batts for insulation?
- Some builders have taken to cramming oversized standard fiberglass batts into wall and ceiling spaces.
- The vapor barrier might be tar paper, kraft paper attached to fiberglass batts, or a plastic sheet.
late Middle English (in the general sense 'lump, piece'): of unknown origin.
Definition of batt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan