- A structure formed with battens.More example sentences
- This arrives in the interspace between the box and the pavilion, which is roofed and partly clad in various degrees of battening.
- Its vertical battening and large eaves evoke the Victorian cottages on Martha's Vineyard.
- Mid-morning the builders came, climbed the scaffold, and the house began to shake and rattle as cedar shingles were ripped off, closely followed by old battening, and then, all of a sudden, there was no roof on the study.
More definitions of batteningDefinition of battening in:
- The US English dictionary