- 1Injured by repeated blows or punishment: he finished the day battered and bruisedMore example sentences
- That was because of the bruised and battered right thumb Harrington injured smashing it into a tree playing Thomas Levet on Friday.
- An indictment could make it difficult for CA to borrow money and would be a severe blow to its already battered reputation.
- She expected a retort, another blow to her already battered body, but neither came.
- 1.1Having suffered repeated violence from a spouse, partner, or parent: battered babiesMore example sentences
- But it was only after the wine glass attack, on December 27, 2003, his battered partner decided she could take no more abuse.
- Why should police privacy be better-protected than that of battered spouses or deported passengers?
- Frankly, though, this strikes me as some sort of bizarre battered spouse response.
- 1.2(Of a thing) damaged by age and repeated use: a pair of battered black bootsMore example sentences
- But showing up when it doesn't matter will not repair the damage to his battered image.
- The flint axehead used had been left at the barrow, its battered and damaged cutting edge precisely fitting some of the cutmarks on the wood.
- I don't have a wallet, just a battered black leather organiser, which I've had for almost 30 years.
- (Of food) coated in batter and deep-fried until crisp.More example sentences
- Others in the no-no category are deep fried or battered foods, pies and pasties, crisps and hot chips (french-fries).
- As for dessert, the battered banana with honey was faultless and is highly recommended.
- You can select battered sausages, battered onion rings, battered mushroom and more.